Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Skipping thankful Tuesdays!

Alright so I felt I should skip this weeks thought to be thankful. Instead I am going to just do a little update on the past few days.

Saturday morning Mackenzie and I were just sitting down to eat breakfast when the doorbell rang. Now mind you it is like 8am and the doorbell does not ring that early EVER at our house. So I run to the door and I see this kid dashing away from the door and running to a SUV. Now im kinda like wtf. But he yells to me he will be right back. I am thinking is this the mystery paper boy I've never seen before? But no it is not. He appears with a flower box. I automatically get teary eyed at the thought of someone sending me roses. So i get the card out and it is from my mom saying "I just wanted you to know how proud I am of you". The waterworks are now flowing. I dont know why but I always cry when I get flowers....But it was a beautiful thing to have done. Especially seeing as Mackenzie was sick and I was just feeling pretty blah. But That was my good thing for the weekend.
Next the bad
So I went to work yesterday and of course it was an inservice day. An Inservice day means we do work within out rooms or agency and have no clients. Well on this in service day I had to go to another agency for a meeting on MUI's where I realized I should probally write a whole lot more then I already do. Anyhow, I then came back went to lunch with like 15 of my co-workers which was kinda nice since half the time I think they dont even know who I am. Then returned back to work just to head to a focus group to talk about how we can make the workplace better. Yadda Yadda Yadda. I was an annoying 2 hours do to the people I was placed with.

So after work I went to my Pampered Chef meeting. Apparently I looked like death/hell had taken over my body as everyone kept asking me if I was okay and if I wanted to just go home. I said no it had just been a long day and a long weekend. So we did our usually learn new things, play a game. Only this time when it came time to play the game I actually knew some of the answers! I got 3 out of 4 right! Hot dang I may actually be learning something in this bussiness of mine. I also learned about this new "challenge". I have to make 3 new contacts a day for days a week for 3 months! I hope I can do this. I really want to improve this business. How nice would it be to be able to get this business going so nicely that I wouldnt have to have a "real" job. THere are ladies who make 3,000 a month selling pampered chef! I just cant even believe it!

So on my way home from the meeting I thought let's do something nice for my mom. So I went and got her some churches chicken. YUM. I dropped it off to her and as I was heading to the Y bridge my muffler fell off the body of mycar and is now DRAGGINGthe whole exhause pipe off. So I pull into the next parking lot I can find. I call my mom and my phone dies! ARE YOU KIDDING i screamed. Lucikily a security gaurd was there and helped me and let me use his phone to call my mom. So now Idk what I am going to do about my car.

So ya....thats all I have time for now since its a half hour til work and Mackenzie and i arnt ready

No comments: