Saturday, October 4, 2008

What a Weekend

So I knew it was going to happen. Mackenzie is sick. I knew prob Thursday morning that it would be full blow by today. Last night she was very clingy, hard time falling asleep, cough, runny nose. You name all the common cold symptoms she had them. So Saturday morning we head to the Dr.'s only to hear she has congestion and they are shocked that it isnt in her chest or ears however it could move there so to beware. Her appointment was at 9:30am. By 9:00pm her heart is beating so fast that if i didnt know better I would think it is going to beat directly out of her chest. So we head to the fire station to have her checked out. Pulse ox of 96 and heartrate of 156. All within normal limits they tell me. So we go home and she is very restless so we "play" in bed for about an hour and a half drink lots of fluids and finally we both fall asleep around midnight. 12:30am she wakes me having trouble breathing. So I call the nurse and she tells me to do a steam room in the bathroom. So we did that and here we are at almost 1:30am. I am so tired but im so afraid that she is going to have trouble breathing again. Her respirations do sound little better however I am a worrier and I will probally be up all night just watching her sleep. Ugh. How I love to be a mother but at this moment would give anything for her to have a father in her life to help me get through the night. So here's to hoping we have a ER free night!
4am back up having trouble breathing. Back to the steam room. Still no fever. However she's already sleeping much better. Lets hope we dont do this again or else it will be to the ER.

1 comment:

andrea said...

poor baby! and poor mommy too.

i hope she feels better today so you can both get some rest.